• Registration

Check out some recent vids:

Chat Live With Us

Click here to chat live with a representative and get your questions answered.















ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

  1. Rihanna Asked Australia For Global Education Money, And Got It

    What Rihanna wants, Rihanna gets.

    The singer has made education a philanthropical priority, and just hours after asking the Australian government for a large donation to a global education fund, the country’s foreign minister agreed.

    Rihanna on Friday fired off a series of tweets to the leaders of Australia, Britain and France, imploring them to contribute to the Global Partnership for Education, whose annual conference is this weekend in Senegal. Rihanna asked the Australian government to contribute $200 million, tweeting at Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and the Foreign Minister Julie Bishop.

    Just seven hours later, Bishop said in a statement that Australia would be contributing $90 million to the Global Partnership for Education ― less than what the singer wanted, but a sizable sum.

    “Today I announce a pledge of $90 million by the Australian Government to support quality and inclusive education worldwide through the Global Partnership for Education,” the foreign minister said.

    “This pledge forms part of Australia’s commitment to ensuring more children, particularly girls and children with disabilities, participate in school for longer and acquire the skills they need to build their future.”

    The Global Partnership for Education, established in 2002, helps provide “quality basic education” for children in 65 developing countries, including Afghanistan, Haiti, Somalia, Cambodia, Uganda, Zimbabwe and Rwanda.

    Bishop didn’t mention Rihanna in her statement, and it’s likely Australia was preparing to contribute even before the “We Found Love” singer’s request.

    However, News Corp. reported Rihanna’s tweet was part of a “last-ditch effort” to convince Australia to contribute more to the fund.

    “We’ve been working for months but the news from Australia isn’t looking great so [we’re] trying to do one last push,” said Michael Sheldrick, director of policy and advocacy at Global Citizen, a social action group hosting Rihanna at the Senegal conference.

    Online, Rihanna fans praised the singer following the Australian announcement.

  2. Spice Girls Reunite for Instagram Photo

    SPICE Girls fans around the world have been holding out hope for years that they will one day see their favourite 90s pop group reform.

    But will Posh, Ginger, Scary, Baby and Sporty ever actually reunite? Why haven't they so far? Here's the latest reunion news...

    Are the Spice Girls reforming?
    There have been constant rumours of a reunion for the Spice Girls ever since their record-breaking comeback tour in 2009.

    Victoria Beckham, Geri Horner, Melanie Brown, Emma Bunton and Melanie Chisholm were last seen together as a five-piece in 2012 for a performance at the London Olympics closing ceremony and for the launch of their Viva Forever musical in the same year.

    The Sun revealed in November 2017 that all five of the Spice Girls are on-board for a 2018 reunion.

    Victoria later told This Morning that there was nothing planned.

    She said: "It’s not happening. At some point you have to know that was great... Girl power is still out there, and I still believe in it. But I won’t be slipping into a PVC catsuit any time soon."

    However, on February 1, 2018, The Sun's Bizarre Column exclusively revealed that the gang is getting back together this year.

    The five will get £10million each for new projects — with Posh believed to have sought assurances she will not have to sing.

    Pop Idol mastermind Simon Fuller, 57, is behind the venture — and is believed to have promised reluctant Victoria her vocals will not be needed.

    A source close to the band said:"This is the pop reunion no one thought would ever happen again.

    "But after a long period of negotiation Victoria agreed the time is right to work on new projects this year.

    "It’s very exciting because she has always been adamant she wouldn’t go back."

    They are considering TV projects in China, a new TV talent show, endorsement deals and a compilation album celebrating their greatest hits.

    The insider added: "Victoria and Geri agreed it would be impossible to be part of a fully-fledged tour because of family and business commitments.

    "Now that she’s a top designer Victoria is concerned about singing but she wants to make money to pump back into her business."

    On February 2, 2018, bookmakers Ladbrokes put the odds of a Spice Girls reunion before the end of 2019 at 5/1. The bookies also put the odds that they would then secure a number one single at 2/1.

    What's happened in Spice World since the last reunion?
    The Spice Girls were last seen together as a five-piece for the launch of their Viva Forever musical in 2012.

    Since 2012 they've only been together as a duo or trio. Emma Bunton collaborated with Mel C on a cover of I Know Him So Well from Mel's musical theatre album Stages.

    Geri, Mel B and Emma briefly attempted a Spice incarnation as a trio under the acronym GEM.

    Despite posting a video teasing upcoming events - rumoured to be a performance at London's Hyde Park - nothing ever materialised.

    Mel C and Victoria Beckham performed 2 Become 1 at a New Year's Eve event in the Maldives.

    In November 2016, Geri and Emma teased fans by posting a snap of them inside a recording studio with the caption: “In studio, oooooh”.

    Later that month, a tune called Song For Her was leaked online much to fans’ excitement.

    But Emma said it was just something they did for fun and added: "You know, us girls love creating stuff. We went and had a laugh in the studio. It's not a single, it's just we were creating."

  3. ELTON JOHN 'TO GO OUT WITH A BANG' ON FINAL WORLD TOUR

    Sir Elton John has announced he will stop touring in order to prioritise his family.

    Speaking in New York, the star said he would say goodbye to fans with a series of 300 dates spanning three years.

    "I always thought I was going to be like Ray Charles, BB King - on the road forever," he said.

    "My priorities have changed. We had children and I changed our lives. That doesn't mean to say I'm not going to be creative. but I'm not going to travel."

    The star denied reports in the press that he was retiring due to ill health.

    "Last year I picked up an infection and I was very ill and it knocked me sideways," he admitted. But I still did 96 shows.

    "Believe me - if you ever do 300 shows, you're not in ill health."

    'Bang not a whimper'

    Sir Elton's Farewell Yellow Brick Road will kick off in the US this September, just months after he ends his six-month residency in Las Vegas.

    "I don't want to go out with a whimper, but a big bang," he said, promising "the most fantastic show I've ever done".

    After his tour, he added that he might consider another residency - "like Kate Bush," who played 22 dates at London's Hammersmith Apollo in 2014.

    The star added he had come to the decision to spend more time at home with his husband, David Furnish.

    "David and I sat down with a school schedule and I said, 'I don't want to miss too much of this.'

    "I'm not stopping music. I'll hopefully be making more records. I'll be writing more musicals. But mostly, I'll be taking my kid to soccer academy - which is the most important thing.

    "Life is all about change."

    Sir Elton said he would be "creative up til the day I die" and that his farewell tour would be "a wonderful way to thank people".

    His two sons - who will be eight and 10 when the tour ends - will join him for parts of the tour, being taught by a tutor.

    "I don't want to miss them and I don't want them to miss me," he said.

    Sir Elton has sold more than 300 million records over his career and is one of the world's most in-demand live performers.

    Last year, he was forced to cancel nine shows in Las Vegas and California because of a bacterial infection he contracted during a South American tour.

    Sir Elton's management said the "potentially deadly" infection forced him to spend two nights in intensive care in April and to cancel concerts in the US.

    It was not the first time ill health had stopped the star from stepping on stage.

    In 1999, he was fitted with a pacemaker when doctors found an irregular heartbeat, while in 2013 the star cancelled a headline slot at London's Hyde Park after being diagnosed with appendicitis.

    Grammys duet

    However he played almost 100 shows during 2017, including dates in Europe and Australia, as well as his demanding Las Vegas show, The Million Dollar Piano.

    And, while he has taken the decision to reduce his workload, Sir Elton is still juggling several major projects.

    The star is due to perform a duet with Miley Cyrus at Sunday's Grammy Awards and will host a special concert in his honour at Madison Square Garden on Tuesday. Guest stars will include Sam Smith, Chris Martin, Kesha, John Legend and Keith Urban.

    He is currently working on a Broadway musical based on The Devil Wears Prada, as well as the live action version of Disney's The Lion King and the animation Sherlock Gnomes, via by his own production company.

    Asked about his all-time favourite gig, the star said: "The night John Lennon came on stage with me in Madison Square Garden."

    The show, on Thanksgiving 1974, was Lennon's last ever concert appearance. Sir Elton played piano while the Beatle sang Surprise Surprise (Sweet Bird of Paradox) and Whatever Gets You Thru the Night, from his recent Walls and Bridges album.

    "I get goosebumps about it," said Sir Elton.

  4. 'I Felt Like I Was Hugged by an Angel'

    Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

    Susan Monaghan, the woman behind the now infamous photo of a really surprised fan reacting to seeing Beyoncé and JAY-Z, has recounted her unlikely story in an interview with the Boston Globe.

    The New Jersey resident was in Manhattan on Saturday night (Jan. 27) with family for her granddaughter's gymnastics competition and to celebrate her daughter’s birthday when she said she headed up to her room alone as the rest of her family stayed behind.


    Monaghan detailed that as she exited the elevator she saw photographers and security guards rushing by and she tried to step out of the way but found herself in a close encounter with a “handsome” man that she could not place at first.

    “I’m thinking in my mind, ‘Who is this?’ And I looked at him and he looked tall, and thin, and had curly hair, and was really good-looking,” she said.

    Monaghan did not realize that she happened to be staying at the same hotel where Clive Davis holds his iconic pre-Grammys party and then she saw Beyoncé and reacted as any mere normal person would when being blessed to come in such close contact with Queen Bey herself.

    “I was like, ‘Oh, my God!’” Monaghan shared, recalling the moment when she realized how close she was to music’s biggest couple. “I looked at her and all I could think was, ‘No one is going to believe me. No one is going to believe me.’”

    She even began shouting it out loud and that’s when the “Formation” singer flashed her a smile that Monaghan read as, “Don’t worry, it’s going to be OK."

    When asked why she believes Beyoncé included the picture of her among the numerous shots posted to Instagram, Monaghan shared “I think she posted it for me. So people would believe me.”

    To see the hilarious shot -- which was spoofed and talked about on late night shows all week -- skip to the fourth picture in the photo series below.

Who's Online

We have 11 guests and no members online

Advanced Custom Facebook Likebox Widget

Advertisement

Advertisement

6399 North Wells Road, Bigtownville, CO, USA 12345 | 800-123-4567 | info@university.edu

Copyright © 2018. QFM. Designed by Shape5.com Joomla Templates

Login Form

S5 Register